Thursday, February 17, 2011

China Glaze Swing, Baby

Hello, dearies!  I hope everyone's week has been going nicely!  Mine's been unbelievably long, as I covered a few shifts for a girl at work.  Thank goodness tomorrow's Friday!  Today I have for you the lovely China Glaze Swing, Baby from their fall Vintage Vixen collection.  I wanted this from the second I saw swatches, but for some reason just never pulled the trigger on buying it.  Of course right about the time the collection was picked over at all the stores was when my remorse set in.  It was totally a message from the nail polish gods when I randomly found one sitting all by its lonesome at my Ulta one day.  Score!

What I absolutely love about Swing, Baby is that it's so neutral.  I have such a hard time finding golds that work with my skin tone.  I seriously went through about four different golds before I just gave up.  But this one isn't quite gold, and it's definitely not silver.  It's a perfect sandy champagne.  And the formula is interesting too!  It's like what you'd get if a metallic, a frost, and a foil had a baby ('cause that kind of thing can happen).  The result is a gorgeous, blingy, brushstroke free finish in three easy coats.  Okay, I could have probably just used two, but apparently I'm a chronic three-coater now.  :-)

(click to enlarge)

Isn't it lovely?  I've gotten quite a few compliments on this one!  I think this could totally fall into the "edgy" neutral" category.  The color is understated, but the finish is what packs the punch.  It's so flattering on so many different skin tones, too.  I've seen girls on MUA totally rocking this color, whether they have warm or cool, pale or dark skin.  Yay China Glaze for another great hit!  If only they'd incorporate it into the core line.  *sigh*  If you like Swing, Baby, you'll have to track it down on one of the e-tailers like http://www.transdesign.com/ or Amazon.

Happy almost Friday!  :-)

1 comment:

  1. I have this color on right now and I'm not sure what I think of it. It is pretty but it looks better before the second coat, but the second coat is necessary. I bought it bc I can only wear neutral colors to work and now i'm worried that this may be a little much.

    ReplyDelete

Please be polite! No spam or links to other websites in the comments. Thanks!!!