Monday, February 7, 2011

China Glaze Sea Spray

Sea Spray.  I don't think they could have named this polish anything more appropriate!  This is the second of the two that I picked up from China Glaze's Anchors Away collection.  It's a serene, pale, dusty blue with super subtle shimmer.  It's reportedly a dupe of Essie's Sag Harbor, but since I missed out on that, it's completely unique to my collection, and therefore a "must-have" for me.

There's good news and bad news in the application department.  The good news is that, for being a very light color, it's extremely pigmented.  Like, this could be a one-coater with careful application.  The bad news is that it's pretty thick.  It wasn't completely impossible to work with, but as you can see, I didn't get a flawless finish.  Thick formulas lead to chipping (I already have a small chip on one nail) and make it really difficult for me to wrap my tips smoothly (hence the kind of jagged edges).  I was honestly a little shocked that even Seche Vite didn't even it out for me.  Two thick coats later, and here's the final product:

 (click to enlarge)

That gorgeous shimmer in the bottle is not as noticeable on the nail.  For all intensive purposes, this is basically a creme (think Essie Sew Psyched here).  If you already own Sag Harbor, you can pass on this one with no regrets.  Another similar color is I Vant to Be A-Lone Star from OPI's new Texas collection.  From what I've seen, it's a little lighter, but still has that same dustiness with subtle shimmer.  Sea Spray sure is a lovely color, and I think it's a keeper despite its application flaws.  Though, I do recommend thinning it out first, if you do pick this one up.  I'll be thinning out my bottle as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite! No spam or links to other websites in the comments. Thanks!!!