Saturday, February 5, 2011

China Glaze Ahoy!

I've been drooling over promo images and early swatches of China Glaze's spring collection, Anchors Away, for a few months now.  I seriously want the entire collection.  All of them!  I didn't expect to find these until late this month or even next month, knowing how slow my Sally's is at getting new collections and how fast new collections go at my Ulta.  Much to my surprise, I found a completely full display of Anchors Away at Ulta while I was there to pick up a few other things.  YAY!  While I really wanted to just walk up to the register with all 12 polishes (and the cardboard display), I managed to find some self-control and got two - Sea Spray (which I'll review soon) and this one, the lovely Ahoy!

I honestly forgot how much I love pinks.  I wear them all the time as pedicure colors, but I can't remember the last time I wore a pink manicure.  I guess I got swept away by all those edgy neutrals, lol.  But not anymore!  Ahoy! is a berry pink jellyish polish with deep gold glass flecks.  I LOVE GLASS FLECKS.  The trend really started this past year, and as far as I'm concerned, it can just keep right on rolling!  :-)  It adds such depth and interest to this polish.  And it applies smooth as butter in two easy coats.  What more could I as for?  Please click to enlarge these photos so you can see those gorgeous glass flecks!



Here's a comparison of Ahoy! with China Glaze Strawberry Fields.  Sorry for the blurry photo of the nail wheel - my camera finds it hard to focus on this type of finish.  Kinda frustrating, actually.  But you can still see the difference in color between the two.  Strawberry Fields is more of a medium, warm-toned pink, while Ahoy! is deeper and more cool-toned.  Strawberry Fields is also a creme finish, and the gold shimmer/glass flecks is more apparent with this one.
(L) Strawberry Fields, (R) Ahoy!
(L) Strawberry Fields, (R) Ahoy!

I feel like a broken record sometimes when I say this, but these two are definitely sisters.  :-)  Different enough to own (and LOVE) both!  You may have a tougher time tracking down Strawberry Fields, but Ahoy! is out now, so pick it up while you can! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite! No spam or links to other websites in the comments. Thanks!!!